Most properties have a generic or drop-in bathtub of their loos. It’s practically a typical rest room fixture to permit relations an excellent bathing expertise. Usually, the setup features a showerhead. The tub is usually mounted to at least one wall of the lavatory. It’s enclosed to permit individuals to sit down on its ledge or stand within the tub once they bathe.
In case you are constructing a brand new rest room or renovating your current one and contemplating changing your generic bathtub, listed here are a couple of concepts and inquiries to ask your self earlier than selecting a brand new bathtub.
How to decide on a walk-in tub
You will need to analysis and think about numerous features earlier than deciding which bathtub to buy. It could assist in case you perceive the assorted varieties of stroll in baths, the options to search for, and the questions it’s best to ask.
Varieties of walk-in tubs
- Soaker. A deeper walk-in bathtub that permits customers to immerse their whole physique whereas seated within the walk-in tub.
- Hydrotherapy. The tube consists of water jets that therapeutic massage the joints and muscle tissues for ache aid.
- Aerotherapy. As a substitute of water jets, the walk-in tub has an air jet system that releases air jets and massages sure physique components. Nonetheless, air jets are extra appropriate for individuals with delicate pores and skin.
- Aromatherapy. One of these walk-in bathtub makes use of an aerotherapy or hydrotherapy system to launch important minerals into the bathtub water for a spa-like expertise for the bather.
Questions it’s best to ask
- What’s the dimension of your rest room?
Stroll-in tubs, together with stroll in bathtub bathe, have completely different sizes. Thus, measuring the realm the place you need to set up the brand new bathtub is essential.
- How outdated is the plumbing system in your house?
The age of your plumbing system will matter. If it is vitally outdated, you want an expert plumber to make sure the plumbing system can move Half H of the constructing laws. Keep in mind that the consumer has to remain within the walk-in bathtub whereas it drains.
- Do you’ve any mobility points?
Your mobility is essential. For those who discover stepping over a 20-centimetre step tough, select a walk-in bathtub with the bottom threshold. When you have hassle reducing and getting out of a sitting place, search for a walk-in bathtub with the next seat.
- Are you able to afford a walk-in bathtub?
Your finances is a key consideration when buying a walk-in bathtub. The present worth vary is between £1,500 and £5,000 or extra. Thus, it’s essential to find out the finances you possibly can afford since you must also think about set up prices and different miscellaneous bills.
- Does your rest room want extra help?
You will need to have a structural engineer examine your home and toilet if it’s your first time putting in a tub as a result of a walk-in bathtub is heavy. Because it takes a number of litres of water, the burden of the bathtub will increase, which places strain on the lavatory flooring. Make sure that your property’s basis can help the extra weight.
Your solutions to those questions will provide help to resolve whether or not you should buy, set up, and luxuriate in the advantages of a walk-in bathtub.