This utterly comforting, delicious vegan lasagna layers earthy butternut squash seasoned with mushrooms and candy spices, leafy greens, pasta, and a creamy plant-based sage walnut sauce. This recipe for Butternut Squash Lasagna with Sage Walnut Sauce screams pure fall essence, although it’s scrumptious served at holidays and yr spherical, actually. I like to serve this vegan lasagna recipe for events and potlucks, as you can also make it forward of time. With its attractive yellow-orange colours and vibrant flavors, this butternut squash lasagna is a real standout! Plus it’s filled with good diet! Make it gluten-free by utilizing gluten-free pasta and substituting cornstarch as an alternative of flour within the sauce.
Butternut Squash Lasagna with Sage Walnut Sauce
Whole Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings 1x
Food regimen: Vegan
This wholesome, vegan Butternut Squash Lasagna with Sage Walnut Sauce is layered with earthy butternut squash cooked with mushrooms and candy spices, greens, and a creamy plant-based sage walnut sauce.
Butternut Squash Filling:
- 9 sheets of lasagna
- 1 small head leafy greens (i.e., spinach, kale, dandelion greens, turnips greens), chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded plant-based cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Sage Walnut Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped recent sage (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- ½ teaspoon salt (non-compulsory)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all goal flour
- 3 cups plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened (use a wealthy, creamy milk, corresponding to oat or soy)
- To make Butternut Squash Filling: Cut up butternut squash in half, take away the seeds, slice into items, take away peels, and cube. Warmth olive oil in a massive saucepan or Dutch Oven, and add squash, onion, and mushrooms, sautéing for 3 minutes over medium warmth. Add water, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt (non-compulsory) and stir effectively. Cowl and cook dinner for about quarter-hour, stirring regularly, till greens are tender. Take away from warmth and mix with an immersion blender till clean (alternately, switch in batches to a massive blender and mix till clean).
- In the meantime, put together Sage Walnut Cream Sauce by heating olive oil in a medium pot over medium warmth. Add walnuts, sage, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg and sauté for 3 minutes. Add flour and cook dinner, stirring, for one extra minute. Stir in plant-based milk and cook dinner, stirring with a whisk, till clean and thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To organize lasagna, place ½ cup of the Sage Walnut Cream Sauce on the backside of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Organize 3 lasagna sheets over the squash. Add 1 cup of the chopped greens over the pasta. Cowl with 1/3 of the butternut squash filling, and 1/3 of the remaining sage walnut cream sauce. Repeat the layers two extra instances (pasta, greens, butternut squash filling, and sage walnut cream sauce). Sprinkle with the plant-based cheese and breadcrumbs on the ultimate layer.
- Cowl with foil and bake at 375 F for 35 minutes on prime shelf. Take away foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, till golden on prime and tender.
- Slice into squares. Makes 8 servings.
Make it gluten-free by utilizing gluten-free pasta and substituting cornstarch as an alternative of flour within the sauce.
- Prep Time: half-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 1 hour quarter-hour
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 277
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 305 mg
- Fats: 16 g
- Saturated Fats: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 9 g
Key phrases: butternut squash lasagna, vegan lasagna, vegan lasagna recipe
For extra plant-based lasagna recipes, try a few of my favorites right here:
Vegan Cauliflower Spinach Lasagna
Swiss Chard Pecan Lasagna
Vegan Baked Mediterranean Lasagna
This publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.