After I consider candy and bitter sauce, what involves thoughts for me is a fried hen and rice dish with this slighty pink sauce that tastes somewhat like spicy pineapple.
I’m from southwest Missouri, so Springfield-style cashew hen is a robust childhood reminiscence to me, in addition to candy and bitter hen.
This candy and bitter sauce recipe is nice as a dipping sauce, too! This may very well be for something from egg rolls, fried dumplings, or as a spring roll sauce.
Elements for Candy & Bitter Sauce:
- Pineapple juice
- Brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
- Ketchup, which provides to the colour of this sauce
- Soy sauce
- Cornstarch, to thicken the sauce
How one can make Candy & Bitter Sauce:
This candy and bitter sauce recipe is tremendous straightforward to make, and might be made forward of while you plan to make use of it.
Mix all of the elements besides the cornstarch in a small pot (or pan) over medium warmth, and whisk to mix properly. Stir the cornstarch with 1-2 tablespoons of water to create a slurry, after which add to the pot.
Prepare dinner to your required thickness and you then’re prepared to make use of this sauce, or retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge or a minimum of 5-7 days.
Suggestions for Making:
- It’s greatest to create a slurry from cornstarch and water quite than immediately including the cornstarch to the pot. This helps it to include higher so that you don’t get any little lumps of cornstarch in your remaining sauce.
- Whereas the ketchup does add some coloration to this sauce, the brown sugar does, too. If you need your sauce to be extra vivid pink, you may add a drop or two of meals coloring.
- In the event you’d like so as to add extra warmth/spice to this candy and bitter sauce, strive including 1/4 teaspoon (or extra) of pink pepper flakes.
Keep in mind that this sauce can work properly on a essential dish or as a dipping sauce. Listed here are some recipes you would possibly wish to strive with this:
For extra recipes like this one, don’t overlook to subscribe!
Get inventive concepts for recipes, crafts, decor, and extra in your inbox!
Get the Recipe
a candy, pink dipping sauce that goes nice with hen
In a small pot, mix the pineapple juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce.
Whisk over medium warmth till the sugar dissolves.
In a small cup, stir collectively the cornstarch and one to 2 tablespoons of water, making a slurry.
Whisk the slurry combination into the sauce.
Proceed to prepare dinner over medium warmth for 5-6 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- If you wish to make this sauce extra pink, add a drop or two of pink meals coloring.
- In the event you’d like so as to add some warmth, add 1/4 teaspoon or extra of pink pepper flakes.
- You’ll be able to retailer this sauce in an hermetic container for a minimum of 5-7 days within the fridge.
Candy & Bitter Sauce
Quantity per Serving
% Every day Worth*
* P.c Every day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Discover: Vitamin is auto-calculated, utilizing Spoonacular, in your comfort. The place related, we advocate utilizing your individual diet calculations.