January is World Conscious Consuming Month. Whereas a devoted month is a good way to name consideration to this particular kind of mindfulness follow, the fact is that aware consuming has advantages one year a yr.
I simply completed creating an Audible Authentic course on aware consuming (by way of Wondrium, previously generally known as The Nice Programs), which I’m enthusiastic about. I’m additionally enthusiastic about re-sharing a aware consuming weblog collection I wrote in 2019, which seems like an alternate lifetime in the past.
- The true advantages of aware consuming. On this, the primary in a five-part collection on mindfulness and aware consuming, I’ll speak concerning the true aware consuming advantages, which regularly aren’t apparent.
- What’s mindfulness, and the way can it profit you? It’s unattainable to speak about aware consuming with out speaking about mindfulness itself, so on this put up I offer you an outline of what mindfulness is, and what it will possibly do.
- Conscious consuming suggestions: methods for actual life. The distinction between aware and senseless consuming, plus two aware consuming practices (one full, one mini) and extra aware consuming assets.
- Getting began with mindfulness meditation. On this put up, I offer you some suggestions and instruments to begin practising mindfulness meditation by yourself, or with some steerage.
- Conscious consuming definition: Questions and Solutions. I take a stab at answering some widespread questions I get about aware consuming, together with the way it differs from intuitive consuming.
To proceed the aware consuming practice, subsequent week I’ll write a couple of topic that’s been bouncing round my mind for some time: Why aware consuming isn’t the identical as “cautious” consuming.
Carrie Dennett, MPH, RDN, is a Pacific Northwest-based registered dietitian nutritionist, freelance author, intuitive consuming counselor, writer, and speaker. Her superpowers embody busting diet myths and empowering girls to really feel higher of their our bodies and make meals selections that assist pleasure, diet and well being. This put up is for informational functions solely and doesn’t represent individualized diet or medical recommendation.
Looking for 1-on-1 diet counseling? Carrie presents a 6-month Meals & Physique program (intuitive consuming, physique picture, mindfulness, self-compassion) and a 4-month IBS administration program (low-FODMAP weight loss program teaching with an emphasis on growing meals freedom). Go to the hyperlinks to be taught extra and e book a free intro name to see if this system is an efficient match, and if we’re a superb match!
Go to High