I like this straightforward, scrumptious, plant-based one-dish meal resolution: my Noodle Bowl with Thai Tofu and Greens. This noodle bowl recipe boasts a wealthy Thai taste profile, because of hearty additions of purple curry, coconut, and peanut butter. It’s really easy; all you need to do is cook dinner rice noodles for a couple of minutes, sauté bell pepper and mushrooms, fire up a flavorful coconut-peanut sauce, and blend all of it up in a skillet with the noodles and greens. Due to the rice noodles, greens, and tofu—this veggie bowl is filled with plant-based protein, fiber, and even calcium! The elements on this tofu bowl are additionally filled with antioxidant and anti inflammatory compounds that may assist shield your well being. Plus, this straightforward recipe for Noodle Bowl with Thai Tofu and Greens is totally gluten-free, in addition to vegan.
You may whip up this straightforward recipe for Noodle Bowl with Thai Tofu and Greens in a skillet in about quarter-hour. That’s how fabulous it’s. The recipe relies upon elements yow will discover in any grocery store. In actual fact, I preserve all of those meals—Thai purple curry paste, tofu, ginger, garlic, mild coconut milk, peanut butter—readily available each day so I can flip to this recipe anytime!
I’ve to allow you to in on a secret: This Noodle Bowl with Thai Tofu and Greens is certainly one of my hottest recipes on my weblog, and certainly one of my most broadly seen cooking movies to this point. I believe it’s simply beautiful, with the brilliant pop of purple, deep inexperienced leaves, and creamy coconut-curry sauce. One of many issues I like most about this recipe is its versatility. For instance, I at all times have greens rising in my backyard—kale, mustard greens, beet greens, chard, and extra. These nutritious inexperienced leafy veggies are really easy to develop within the backyard, and they’re so vital to incorporate in your eating regimen, that I like to recommend consuming them each day. So, you’ll be able to simply use no matter greens you’ve rising in your backyard for this dish, or rely on these you snatch up at your farmers market or grocery store. You too can strive various kinds of mushrooms or bell peppers so as to add a brand new twist to the recipe. And you may swap from tofu to seitan or tempeh for a special style expertise. Irrespective of the way you combine it up, I promise you’ll come again to this noodle bowl recipe many times.
Since I created this recipe, I’ve had the lucky alternative to spend time in Thailand and be taught extra about their wealthy meals tradition. I’m definitely not an professional in Thai cooking, and I encourage you to observe among the inspiring Thai meals consultants on the market. One which I like is Pailin Chongchitnant, the creator of Scorching Thai Kitchen. Rising up in Thailand, her plant-based recipes are wonderful!
Try the cooking video I created for this Noodle Bowl with Thai Tofu and Greens, in collaboration with The Mighty.
And watch my Instagram video on how I make this recipe in my kitchen right here.
This straightforward, under-30 minute, vegan, gluten-free Noodle Bowl with Thai Tofu and Greens boasts a wealthy taste profile, with hearty additions of purple curry, coconut, and peanut butter.
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces raw Pad Thai rice noodles (search for brown rice noodles, if obtainable)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 purple bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15-ounce) package deal, additional agency tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons purple Thai curry paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 cup canned mild coconut milk (stir nicely earlier than measuring)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces greens (mustard, spinach, kale, chard, and so on), chopped
- 3 inexperienced onions, chopped
- ½ cup contemporary cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- Deliver water to a boil and add rice noodles, cooking based on package deal (about 4 minutes). Don’t overcook. Rinse, drain and put aside.
- In the meantime, warmth sesame oil in a big skillet or wok and sauté pepper, mushrooms and tofu for two minutes over medium warmth. Add water, and proceed to sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry paste, turmeric, and cumin and stir to mix.
- Stir in soy sauce, coconut milk, and peanut butter and mix nicely.
- Add greens on high of pan and cook dinner for two – 3 minutes. Stir in cooked, drained noodles, and cook dinner simply till noodles are heated via and greens are barely wilted (1 – 2 minutes).
- Garnish noodles with inexperienced onions, cilantro and peanuts.
- Divide into bowls and serve instantly.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 12 minutes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: Thai, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 405
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 351 mg
- Fats: 23 g
- Saturated Fats: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 20 g
Key phrases: noodle bowl, veggie bowl, tofu bowl
For extra plant-powered bowl meals, take a look at a few of my favorites:
Chipotle Tomato Rice Energy Bowl
Vegan Poke Bowl with Tofu, Watermelon, and Quinoa
Mandarin Quinoa and Kale Bowl
This publish could include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.