[Updated October 2020]
Please be aware that as a result of COVID-19, Dwelling Affairs is inundated with queries. Passport functions are presently taking longer than traditional to course of, so we encourage you to use on your passport greater than six months upfront.
Passports can’t be renewed as soon as they expire; you will have to use for a brand new one. South African residents can apply by way of the eHomeAffairs web site. Please be aware, you will have web banking to proceed together with your on-line passport utility. Candidates must go to a Dwelling Affairs department to seize their biometrics and acquire their passport. Alternatively, you may document your biometrics and acquire your passport at particular Absa, FNB, Customary Financial institution or Nedbank branches. Whether or not you’re making use of for a passport for the primary time or doing a passport renewal, comply with these straightforward steps and also you’ll be reserving your ticket to your dream vacation spot very quickly!
The way to apply on your South African passport on-line
1. Register your account
- Merely go to the eHomeAffairs web site and register.
- Create a profile
- Reply the safety questions
- Create a password
- Seize the OTP (one-time pin) despatched to your cellphone
- Lastly, connect a duplicate of your ID
2. Make fee
- Enter your checking account particulars on the eHomeAffairs website.
- You’ll then be required to log in to your web banking to authorise the fee.
- Log in to your web banking account: go to the “My Payments” possibility underneath “Funds” to provoke the fee instruction.
- Add the Division of Dwelling Affairs as a beneficiary, and a fee instruction will seem underneath “My Payments”.
- Lastly, enter your reference quantity and approve the R400 fee to the Division of Dwelling Affairs.
3. Document your biometrics
Possibility 1: Dwelling Affairs Department
- As soon as the Division of Dwelling Affairs has registered your fee you can be eligible to proceed together with your biometrics knowledge – two thumbprints, a photograph and your signature.
- You do not want to make an appointment at Dwelling Affairs. Merely go to your native department to have your biometrics finished.
- You will have to take your ID e book with you to the Dwelling Affairs department.
Possibility 2: Dwelling Affairs-Geared up Financial institution Department
- Cape City, Johannesburg and Pretoria residents could make an appointment for his or her biometrics at their native financial institution department as soon as their fee has been registered (see beneath).
- You can be given a selection of time slots. When you’ve chosen a time slot, you can be despatched a affirmation by way of SMS and e mail.
- Take your ID e book and affirmation e mail or SMS with you when going to your native financial institution department.
4. Watch for an SMS or e mail
You’ll obtain a notification that your passport is prepared for assortment on the Dwelling Affairs or financial institution department the place your biometrics have been captured.
When to use on your passport:
Most international locations require that travellers have not less than six months validity on their passport past their date of departure. Due to this fact, you’re suggested to use for or renew your South African passport not less than six months upfront.
First-time utility for a passport: R400
Software for a brand new passport (with previous passport): R400
Software for a brand new passport (if passport is misplaced): R800
South African Passport utility necessities:
- A replica of your ID
- Passport payment
- Your previous passport (if in case you have one)
With eHomeAffairs companies out there, your South African passport utility and passport renewal course of ought to show to be a easy and straightforward process to do earlier than reserving your flight to your dream vacation spot.
Biometrics geared up financial institution branches:
|ABSA Centurion Way of life||Centurion||Centurion Way of life, c/o Previous Johannesburg Street and Lenchen Ave|
|Absa Tower North||Johannesburg||180 Commissioner Avenue, Johannesburg|
|Absa Gandhi Sq.||Johannesburg||Gandhi Sq., Johannesburg|
|FNB President Avenue West||Johannesburg||47 Pixley Ka Isaka Seme Avenue, Johannesburg|
|FNB Service provider Place, Rivonia||Johannesburg||4 Service provider Place, Cnr Rivonia Street and Fredman Drive|
|FNB Centurion Way of life||Centurion||Previous Johannesburg Street and Lenchen Ave|
|FNB Lynwood (The Grove Mall)||Pretoria||The Grove Mall, Lynnwood Rd, Pretoria|
|Customary Financial institution Centurion||Centurion||Customary Financial institution Constructing, 1263 Embankment Rd|
|Customary Financial institution Killarney, Rosebank||Johannesburg||Killarney Mall, c/o Riveria Street and Killarney Ave|
|Customary Financial institution Canal Stroll||Cape City||Store 599LL, Canal Stroll Procuring Centre, Century Metropolis Dr|
|Nedbank Lakeside Mall||Benoni||Store D6, Deck Degree, Lakeside Mall, Tom Jones Avenue, Benoni|
|Nedbank Sandown||Johannesburg||135 Rivonia Street (c/o Rivonia and Maude Avenue)|
|Nedbank Arcadia||Pretoria||Nedbank Plaza, 175 Steve Street, Arcadia, Pretoria|
Don’t overlook to signal as much as our e-newsletter to remain on high of flight offers, journey suggestions and a lot extra.
All info on this weblog web page was appropriate on the time of publishing and should change at any time with out prior discover. Travelstart won’t be held answerable for loss or inconvenience ensuing from using out-dated or incorrectly famous info.