I’m a 68 yr previous girl who, for 10 years, has had minimal injectables, laser remedies and pores and skin tightening carried out with my dermatologist. I exploit good high quality merchandise, and many sunscreen 12 months round as a result of I’m an energetic open air girl. Individuals all the time remark how good my pores and skin seems. My solely subject I’m experiencing now, as I age, is facial hair throughout! Ought to I shave it off, get skilled waxing remedies or use hair removing lotions?
Nice query. Listed below are the choices and the professionals and cons for eradicating facial hair. 🙂
Sunscreen is a should this time of 12 months with all under.
- Laser hair removing. In my view, that is the grand slam of choices; in the event you’re hair is darker than your pores and skin. If you happen to’re hair is gray, white or very blond the lasers received’t work properly. It doesn’t even should be rather a lot completely different, just a few completely different. For pores and skin varieties I-IIIish often an Alexandrite or Diode is greatest. For pores and skin varieties IV-VI, often a Neodynium YAG (Nd:YAG) laser might be a greater choice. It simply isn’t that costly now and will get the hair manner down on the root and wishes little or no upkeep after 3-6 remedies.
- Shaving. It really works, it’s cheap, and it doesn’t are likely to trigger small, ingrown hairs. It’s a time consuming, each day or virtually each day process although.
- Hair Removing Lotions. Non prescription. These work for some, however don’t take away the hair on the root. As well as, most of the lotions turn out to be irritating or trigger an allergy over time.
- Vaniqa Cream. I put this in a unique class as a result of it’s prescription and mainly slows hair development. Maybe greatest for the little blondish (vellus) hairs. Often not irritating. It is advisable use for 3-4 months to see outcomes.
- Skilled Waxing or Sugaring. This works and is mildly painful and lasts for about 3-4 weeks relying on the particular person. It tends to trigger small ingrown hairs (pseudo folliculitis barbae) which might trigger pink bumps, irritation and go away brown spots.
- Electrolysis. This has turn out to be extra widespread once more and is used typically within the transgender group. When you have somebody good in your space, particularly if the hair is gray, white or very blond, this is usually a good choice.
I hope this helps!
Dr. Brandith Irwin